Learning music at a young age can be a wonderful headstart for your child.
I focus of creativity, play and games-based learning in all my lessons and provide developmentally appropriate lessons for preschool students.
Starting music lessons at a young age is extremely beneficial in many different ways:
- By studying music, children learn to recognise patterns visually and aurally which can help with understanding maths and other subjects in school.
- Studies have shown that learning a musical instrument can actually create new pathways between the left and right side of the brain that wouldn’t exist otherwise.
- Music lessons can also help students to develop better hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity.
- Beginning young also makes a big difference in students’ rhythm skills throughout their life.
- Studying music and understanding that practice pays off can also foster persistence and grit which is a huge boost for life in general.
Finally, the most important aspect in my opinion: learning and playing music has to be fun. And starting at a young age is the best way to ensure your child will have a love and understanding of music for life.